Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Session 2: Resource 1

Click here to watch the clip from "Miluim":
width="425" height="350">

Solider (S): Come here.
Open the faucet!

Palestinian (P): What?

S: Open the faucet!

P: What!? I’ll get all wet!

S: Yes? Why? How do you know water comes out of this faucet?

P: Water doesn’t come out of it?

S: I don’t know! What do you say!?

P:I don’t know.

S: You don’t know!

P: I don’t know!

S: So let’s go check.

P: I don’t know!

S: No? Because you know, in Auschwitz the gas came out of the showers. So maybe here gas comes out.

P: I don’t know.

S: What do you say?

P: I don’t know.

S: So lets go check nu?
Water…

P: -I don’t know

S: -or gas? Guess.

P: -I don’t know!

S:Don’t know?

P: I don’t know!

S: Come. Come here, come on.

P:-I don’t know.

S: You don’t know…what do you say? Do you understand, do you understand the difference? Here water comes out of the showers, that’s the difference, do you understand? Water. Only Water. There are some more differences, would you like another lesson?

P: I just want to pass the checkpoint, and if not return home. I don’t understand what you want from me.

No comments: